Head Lice Facts
Head Lice is highly contagious!
- 80% of the time the head lice culprits pass the infestation on to their siblings
- 90% of the time mothers contract head lice from their children
- 20% of the time fathers contract head lice from their children
- 35% of the time nannies contract head lice
Facts to Know:
- Head lice shampoos can be highly toxic for your child, and many strains of head lice are immune to the chemicals anyway
- A family of 4 spends an average of $800 on pesticide type products that don't work
- Head lice cannot jump or fly
- Head lice cannot live on your pets
- Head lice cannot live and breed unless they are on your head, it is highly unlikely that you would contract head lice from your environment i.e. couches, carpets, cars, movie theaters, airplanes
- Only 50% of people are itchy from head lice. People are itchy from lice bites not so much from the bugs crawling around and it may take 4 weeks of an infestation to become itchy
- There is no season for lice, it is a year round problem
- Lice can only live for 8-24 hours once they are off of a human head.
- Head lice know no economic or social boundaries, everyone is at risk!